Active Adult Community
Situated on the East Coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
Welcome to one of Canada’s most desirable and visionary active adult communities, Arbutus Ridge. We are located on the protected east side of Vancouver Island, overlooking the Salish Sea and majestic Mount Baker. Our gated community for 50 plus active adults is interwoven through out the 18-hole, Championship Arbutus Ridge Golf Course. (Only one person needs to be 50!)
This award winning master-planned seaside community of 646 homes, is built on 148 acres of waterfront landscapes, winding along craggy outcrops of rock and berms of protected forests and golf course. It is all connected by a network of oceanfront walking trails, a marina, gardens, green space and paved roadways.
Enjoy access to Vancouver Island’s Treasures!
Being centrally located in the lush Mediterranean climate of the Cowichan Valley, only 40 minutes from B.C’s Capital City of Victoria, you’ll enjoy easy access to many of Vancouver Island’s treasures!
There are wild ocean beaches, miles of nature paths, fishing, world class restaurants, 40 golf courses, a vibrant wine and brew-craft industry, culture, and winter and summer sports. There are also excellent health care facilities.
Tour with a resident
Get to know what it is like to live at the Ridge by having an AR resident provide a free guided tour.
RESIDENTS ONLY – copy & paste this URL to get to the residents site:
“The Ridge” is a Secure Active Lifestyle Community by the Sea which offers:
- Exceptional property values with a substantial contingency fund
- 24/7 staffed security in one of Canada’s first gated communities
- World-class views of the ocean, mountains, golf course, woodlands and pastoral valleys.
- Arbutus Ridge Golf Course winding throughout the community
- 646 plus homes from 1,100 to over 6,300 square feet
- A Diverse selection of homes ranging in price from $350,000 to over $1,000,000.
- Seasonal pool and year-round hot tub
- Tennis court, gym, walking trails, marine facility and secure RV and boat storage
- 40+ clubs with active lifestyle focus
- Convenient access to medical facilities and excellent hospitals
- Nearby live theatre, wineries, organic farms with roadside stands, excellent restaurants and shopping
- “Mediterranean” climate. Palm trees and vineyards populate area
- 4 Season Gardener’s Paradise. Lawns optional.
- A short drive to B.C.’s Capital City of Victoria – rated North America’s Top Island destination by Travel and Leisure Magazine.
- Easy access to ferries and the international airport
Please note that when you see words highlighted in blue italics through out the site they are links to more information. Just click on the word to go to the information.
We invite you to peruse each page to fully appreciate what we have to offer. Click on our very informative videos both on the Home page and on the Location page.